tint2 is a simple panel/taskbar made for modern X window managers. It was specifically made for Openbox but it should also work with other window managers (GNOME, KDE, XFCE etc.). It is based on ttm and ttm archive.
- Panel with taskbar, system tray, clock and launcher icons;
- Easy to customize: color/transparency on fonts, icons, borders and backgrounds;
- Pager like capability: move tasks between workspaces (virtual desktops), switch between workspaces;
- Multi-monitor capability: create one panel per monitor, showing only the tasks from the current monitor;
- Customizable mouse events.
- Be unintrusive and light (in terms of memory, CPU and aesthetic);
- Follow the freedesktop.org specifications;
- Make certain workflows, such as multi-desktop and multi-monitor, easy to use.
- Graphic glitches on Intel graphics cards can be avoided by changing the acceleration method to UXA (issue 595)
- Window managers that do not follow exactly the EWMH specification might not interact well with tint2 (known issues for awesome, bspwm. openbox-multihead)
- Full transparency requires a compositor such as Compton (if not provided already by the window manager, as in Compiz/Unity, KDE or XFCE)